To save time finding somewhere to study in the Library, UNSW students can book a study space at Main Library and Law Library.
What spaces are available to book?
The Library offers a variety of study spaces to suit individual student study needs:
- Individual desks
- Individual desks with computers
- Media booths (viewing of DVD and multimedia from Library collection)
- Study rooms, booths or pods
- Postgraduate desks (postgraduate students only)
- Postgraduate desks with computers (postgraduate students only)
- Spaces at Main Library Level 7 are dedicated for silent study
- Locate our spaces and facilities on the building maps with the mobile directory for Main Library and Law Library
How does it work?
- Find and book a space that suits your study needs - if a space is free you can also book it on the spot using the QR code.
- Check individual room details when booking for current capacity, conditions, equipment availability and specific furniture e.g. some rooms contain high furniture.
- Bookings can be made for up to 4 hours (minimum 30 mins).
- Total bookings can be made up to a maximum of 4 hours per day for media booths, study rooms, study booths and study pods.
- At the Library, follow the signage to find your study space.
- If you find someone occupying your booked study space, show them the confirmation email.
- The desk availability display at Law Library does not indicate which desks are booked.
- During Library staffed hours, if you find any problems with the space or require further assistance please contact us or UNSW Security outside staffed times.
Terms and conditions of use
- Bookings are forfeited if you do not take possession within 15 minutes of booking start time.
- Bookings can be made up to two weeks in advance.
- If you no longer require your booking, please cancel your booking prior to reserved time and allow someone else to book the study space.
- Once a booking has been made, an email confirmation will be sent to your UNSW account. Please retain this.
- If you find someone at your reserved space, please show them your confirmation email as proof of booking.
- You can cancel your booking prior to the reserved time via the link in the email.
- Library spaces must be left safe, neat and tidy.
- Personal belongings left unattended will be removed and taken to lost property.
- Check your belongings and power cables do not obstruct the corridors.
- UNSW Library may contact you via your UNSW email address to discuss your feedback on the book a study space service.
- Library study spaces are for the use of UNSW students for learning and research activities only.
- Reserving a room for any other activity should be discussed with Library staff in the first instance. It is strictly prohibited to use the rooms for commercial purposes.