UNSW Library has implemented COVID Safe measures to ensure physical distancing within our study spaces. Study rooms and collaborative areas are open with reduced seating capacity. Some spaces are available for individual study only.
What spaces are available to book?
The Library offers a variety of study spaces to suit individual student study needs:
- Individual desks
- Individual desks with computers
- Media booths (viewing of DVD and multimedia from Library collection)
- Study rooms, booths or pods
- Postgraduate desks (postgraduate students only)
- Postgraduate desks with computers (postgraduate students only)
- Spaces at Main Library Level 7 are dedicated for silent study
- Locate our spaces and facilities on the building maps with the mobile directory for Main Library and Law Library
How does it work?
- Find and book a space that suits your study needs - if a space is free you can also book it on the spot using the QR code.
- Check individual room details when booking for current capacity, conditions, equipment availability and specific furniture e.g. some rooms contain high furniture.
- Bookings can be made for up to 4 hours (minimum 30 mins).
- Total bookings can be made up to a maximum of 4 hours per day for media booths, study rooms, study booths and study pods.
- At the Library, follow the signage to find your study space.
- If you find someone occupying your booked study space, show them the confirmation email.
- The desk availability display at Law Library does not indicate which desks are booked.
- During Library staffed hours, if you find any problems with the space or require further assistance please contact us or UNSW Security outside staffed times.
Condition of entry into Library spaces
- As a condition of entry, you must agree to comply with all physical distancing and hygiene measures in place. If you are feeling unwell, please do not come to campus and ensure you seek appropriate medical attention.
Terms and conditions of use
- Bookings are forfeited if you do not take possession within 15 minutes of booking start time.
- Bookings can be made up to two weeks in advance.
- If you no longer require your booking, please cancel your booking prior to reserved time and allow someone else to book the study space.
- Once a booking has been made, an email confirmation will be sent to your UNSW account. Please retain this.
- If you find someone at your reserved space, please show them your confirmation email as proof of booking.
- You can cancel your booking prior to the reserved time via the link in the email.
- Library spaces must be left safe, neat and tidy.
- Personal belongings left unattended will be removed and taken to lost property.
- Check your belongings and power cables do not obstruct the corridors.
- UNSW Library may contact you via your UNSW email address to discuss your feedback on the book a study space service.
- Library study spaces are for the use of UNSW students for learning and research activities only.
- Reserving a room for any other activity should be discussed with Library staff in the first instance. It is strictly prohibited to use the rooms for commercial purposes.