UNSW Library research consultations connect researchers to the information and skills needed to support their research. Research consultations provide an extended opportunity for students and staff to have specific research queries answered, locate relevant information tools and develop research strategies tailored to their individual or group needs.
Research consultations are available to UNSW:
- higher degree research students
- postgraduate coursework students
- honours students - including 4th year Engineering, Medicine ILP and Honours, and Law 6 or 12 UOC Research thesis students
- academic staff
- professional staff
You may benefit from a personalised research consultation if you are:
- looking for scholarly information related to your research topic or area of research
- undertaking a systematic review
- unsure whether you have located all relevant resources
- wanting assistance to identify and search the Library's specialist databases
- in need of guidance with search tools and planning your search strategy
- working on a group assignment or research project
- looking for open online resources suitable for your teaching
- wanting to build your understanding about research identifiers, increasing your visibility and publication management including open access
The service provides research consultations for individual students and staff, or groups of up to five.
Students and staff who are unable to visit one of the UNSW Sydney campus libraries can apply for a research consultation to be carried out via screen sharing software. A computer with internet access and a headset with microphone or telephone is required.
Appointments in person or online are available during business hours 9.00am - 6.00pm (last available appointment at 5.00pm). Other times are by negotiation. Appointments must be booked at least 3 business days in advance, due to the preparation required.