Research Outputs System (ROS)
ROS is UNSW's system for capturing and reporting research publications and outputs. This has replaced the Research Publications (ResPubs) system and includes all data previously entered into ResPubs.
ROS is designed to help reduce the time and effort spent on managing publication and research outputs across the University and offers a number of functionalities to support researchers at UNSW:
- streamlined, and in many cases automated, publications data entry
- impact measurements, including H-indexes, citation counts and Altmetrics
- easy export options that may assist in the creation of publication lists for CVs, grants and promotion applications
- collecting and collating data for HERDC and other research assessment exercises
- uploading accurate publication information to the UNSW Research Gateway
ROS is also integrated with UNSWorks, UNSW's institutional repository. This streamlines the process for uploading publications to the repository to make open access copies available and to meet the ARC and NHMRC open access mandate requirements. As a result of this integration you can use ROS to:
- create a link between your publication and any associated grants - ROS will then automatically send metadata about this publication to UNSWorks to meet the first part of the ARC and NHMRC open access mandate requirements
- upload full text copies of your publications to UNSWorks where copyright permits
ROS also includes deposit advice for journal articles from SHERPA RoMEO, the database of publisher copyright and self-archiving policies, to make it as easier to check if you are permitted to upload a copy of your article
AROC dates 2017
The Annual Research Outputs Collection (AROC) is UNSW's internal process for collecting detailed, high-quality information on research outputs produced by UNSW researchers. It was established in 2016 to replace the annual HERDC publications collection.
The information collected as a part of AROC will be used as the basis for UNSW's ERA submission, to populate a range of university systems and profiles, and for a range of internal reporting activities.
|Data entry and acceptance by heads of schools and centres (Schools and Researchers)||Wednesday 26 April|
|Data cleaning and audit sample selected (Library)||Friday 5 May|
|Sample audit sent to ADRs (Library)||Monday 8 May|
|Sample audit checked and verified (ADRs)||Friday 26 May|
|Final data cleaning (Library)||Friday 9 June|
|ROS closed for final return processing (Library)||Tuesday 14 June|
|Publications data cleaned and return prepared (Library)||Tuesday 14 June|
|Prepare and combine final AROC data DVC - Research (Library)||Monday 19 June|
|Certification & sumbission (VC/DVC-R)||Monday 26 June|