Research Outputs System (ROS)
ROS is UNSW's system for capturing and reporting research publications and outputs. This has replaced the Research Publications (ResPubs) system and includes all data previously entered into ResPubs.
ROS is designed to help reduce the time and effort spent on managing publication and research outputs across the University and offers a number of functionalities to support researchers at UNSW:
- streamlined, and in many cases automated, publications data entry
- impact measurements, including H-indexes, citation counts and Altmetrics
- easy export options that may assist in the creation of publication lists for CVs, grants and promotion applications
- collecting and collating data for HERDC and other research assessment exercises
- uploading accurate publication information to the UNSW Research Gateway
ROS is also integrated with UNSWorks, UNSW's institutional repository. This streamlines the process for uploading publications to the repository to make open access copies available and to meet the ARC and NHMRC open access mandate requirements. As a result of this integration you can use ROS to:
- create a link between your publication and any associated grants - ROS will then automatically send metadata about this publication to UNSWorks to meet the first part of the ARC and NHMRC open access mandate requirements
- upload full text copies of your publications to UNSWorks where copyright permits
ROS also includes deposit advice for journal articles from SHERPA RoMEO, the database of publisher copyright and self-archiving policies, to make it as easier to check if you are permitted to upload a copy of your article
The Annual Research Outputs Collection (AROC) is UNSW's internal process for collecting detailed, high-quality information on research outputs produced by UNSW researchers. It was established in 2016 to replace the annual HERDC publications collection.
The information collected as a part of AROC will be used as the basis for UNSW's ERA submission, to populate a range of university systems and profiles, and for a range of internal reporting activities.
|Assessment period (All)||From Monday 5 December 2022 to Friday 19 May 2023|
|Module closed for data cleaning and audit sample selected (Library)||From Monday 22 May to Monday 26 June|
|Sample audit sent to ADRs (Library)||Wednesday 28 June|
|Sample audit complete (ADRs)||Monday 17 July|
|Module closed for final return processing (Library)||From Tuesday 18 to Monday 24 July|
|Final numbers to ADRs for sign off (ADRs and DVC(R))||Friday 28 July|
|Return finalised - no further changes (Manager, RRU)||Monday 31 July|
|Return and analysis to DVC-R/URC (University Librarian)||Tuesday 15 August|
Need more help?
There are comprehensive help guides available within ROS. Contact your Outreach Librarian for all other assistance.