Refer to Kensington campus accessibility routes map for access to buildings, parking and lifts.
Access to the Main Library is via an accessibility ramp located on the right side of the front entrance opposite the Library lawn.
There are lifts available to all levels at the Main Library, Law Library and Paddington Library.
- Accessible water bubblers are available in the lift lobby of all levels of the Main Library.
- Two lockers at an accessible height are available to borrow laptops from the self-service loan lockers at the Help Zone on Level 2 of the Main Library and Ground Level next to the lift at Law Library. For more information see Computers.
Students who have registered with Equitable Learning Services can access the following general services if required:
- individual Library tours
- assistance with using Library resources both online and print
- assistance with retrieving items from shelves
- assistance with photocopying
To request these services, submit an Ask a question form. Select Disability support request in the drop-down menu under Enquiry Type in the General Enquiry section.
Assistive technology centre
Students who have registered with Equitable Learning Services can access the assistive technology rooms available at:
- Main Library (Level 2, room 207)
- Law Library (Level 1, room 113)
All equipment in the room is managed and serviced by Equitable Learning Services. Equipment includes:
- computers, printer and scanner with large print display monitors and accessories
- telephone for internal calls
- ergonomic desks and chairs
- work bench
Accessible and ambulant toilets
Wheelchair accessible toilets are available at each Library. An ambulant toilet is available in most women’s and men’s toilets in the Library.
Accessible unisex - Level 1, 2, 3, 4.
Ambulant women - Level 2, 3, 4, 6, 8.
Ambulant men - Level 2, 3, 5, 7, 8, 9.
Accessible unisex - Ground Level.
Accessible unisex - Block A - Basement Level, next to Library entrance.
UNSW Library is continually working to improve the accessibility of our web pages and Library collection. This includes improving accessibility for users of screen reader software.
If you have any feedback or experience any issues with the accessibility of our web pages, submit an Ask a question form. Select Disability support request in the drop-down menu under Enquiry Type in the General Enquiry section.
Need more help?
Equitable Learning Services
Phone: +61 2 8374 9201
Library Help Zone
Phone: +61 2 9065 9444