Eligible UNSW students and staff may register as an off-campus borrower. Request library items and interlibrary loans for home delivery. Items are delivered to the address you have registered with the Library.
If your mailing address changes, you must notify the Library of your new address before requesting any items.
UNSW Canberra students and staff are served by UNSW Canberra, Academy Library Home Delivery Service.
Who is eligible for this service?
To be eligible for off-campus service, UNSW staff and students will need to meet one or more of the following criteria:
- staff whose work is normally fully undertaken off campus
- students registered with Equitable Learning Services
- students enrolled in online programs defined as external delivery mode
- students enrolled in a full time, remote practical course or fieldwork component (outside Metropolitan Sydney)
Registering and borrowing
Register by completing the Off-campus registration form. Ensure you enter an appropriate and current mailing address. To notify the Library of a change of mailing address, select 'Mailing Address Update' in the 'Reason for Registration' field.
- Request UNSW Library items by searching the Library collection. When submitting a request, ensure you select 'Personal Delivery - Home Address' in the 'Pickup Location' field.
- When borrowing a high demand course item, a 14 day loan period applies.
- Staff and students can sign in to the ILL request form to submit a request for items not held in the collections at UNSW Library (Sydney) and Academy Library (Canberra).
- The Library will cover the cost of postage to your registered mailing address. However, it is your responsibility to pay return postage costs.
UNSW Library aims to assist off-campus students and staff to obtain resources in a timely manner. Requests for items in high demand may be cancelled due to shortened loan periods.
For information about borrowing from UNSW Library including request, renew, return, recall and rights, see Borrowing.
Alternate access options
For off-campus access to the Library's online resources, see Access to online resources.
To borrow books from an academic library closer to your location, consider joining the University Libraries Australia & New Zealand (ULANZ) borrowing scheme.
For further assistance, submit an Ask a question form.