UNSW Sydney is currently impacted by the public health and stay at home orders. Interlibrary loan services for physical items (e.g. book loans) are not currently available. Significant restrictions continue to impact other libraries which may cause delays or cancellations of interlibrary loan requests.
The interlibrary loans (ILL) service is available to UNSW staff, postgraduate and honours students. You may request items that are not held by the UNSW Sydney Libraries and UNSW Academy Library Canberra. For more information see Borrowing rights.
For information on finding non-UNSW theses see Theses. Print thesis held in overseas libraries are not currently available. Non-loanable print thesis held in Australian libraries are currently not available.
For information on off-campus copy requests see Off-campus borrowers.
For copies and interlibrary loans to other libraries see Document delivery service.
Requesting and collecting an Interlibrary Loan (ILL) item
- You can request books, book chapters, journal articles, audio-visual materials, reports, conference papers, archival and other materials not held at UNSW Library.
- Requests are free and usually take 5-10 working days to process.
3. You will be notified via email when a requested item is available:
- Collect books from the location nominated in your request.
- Main and Law Library collection point is the Interlibrary Loans shelf in the High Use Collection.
- Paddington Library collection point is the Interlibrary Loans shelf at the Help Zone.
- Canberra Academy Library collection point is the Service Desk.
- Library Use Only items can only be collected from the Help Zone or Service Desk during staffed hours and must be used in the Library.
- Supervised Access Only items can only be collected form the Help zone or Service Desk during staffed hours and must be used under supervision.
- Digital copies will be sent to your UNSW email. You need to keep all records of the digital copies supplied via ILL. Journal article and book chapter ILL details will not be retained in myLibrary.
- You will receive a cancellation email if the item cannot be sourced.
To view your current and past book ILLs, sign in to myLibrary and under 'Loans' select 'Active loans' or 'Previous and historic loans'. Please note, journal article and book chapter ILL details will not be retained in myLibrary.
Loan periods and renewing an ILL item
Due dates and renewal conditions are noted on the ILL book strap and can also be viewed in myLibrary under 'Loans'.
- If an item is renewable, contact the Library via email or phone. Interlibrary loans cannot be renewed via myLibrary.
- Interlibrary loans can be recalled at any time. You will be notified via email of the recall and due date change.
- There is a $1.00 charge for every day the loan is overdue. For more information see Fines.
Returning an ILL item
Return your interlibrary loans by post or in person at any UNSW Sydney Library or the UNSW Academy Library (Canberra).
- The ILL book strap must remain on the item.
- Defacing, mutilating or damaging interlibrary loan items in any way will result in replacement cost fees being charged to the client. The cost is determined by the lending library.
All interlibrary loan requests submitted by UNSW staff and students must be made in accordance with the Australian Copyright Act. Under the Act, libraries can supply a copy of an article or other work as long as the copy is only used for research or study and the amount copied is in accordance with the limits prescribed by the Act.
The limits are as follows:
- 10% or one chapter of a book
- one article per periodical issue, or more if those articles are on the exact same subject.
The Library reserves the right to refuse an interlibrary loan request if it believes that fulfilling the request would breach the Australian copyright law. For more information see Copyright.
Phone: +61 2 9065 9443
Opening hours: Monday – Friday, 9.00am - 5.00pm
Postal address: DCA Resource Sharing, UNSW Library, UNSW Sydney, NSW 2052, AUSTRALIA