To ensure you graduate smoothly and receive your testamur, submit the digital copies of your thesis by following all 3 steps on this page.
Please note: These instructions are not for HDR candidates who have submitted their thesis to the new GRIS Examinations module. If you submitted via GRIS proceed directly to step 3 below.
You are required to submit two digital copies of the final and examined version of your PhD or Masters by Research thesis - a public version and a master copy.
Step 1: Public version
- The public version of your thesis will be made available online. Ensure you adhere to the Copyright guidelines and modify the public version to exclude any third party copyright material for which permission has not been given.
- The public version of your thesis must include the same 4 mandatory documents as the master copy, without the signatures (for more information see Step 2).
- The Graduate Research School provides templates for these documents.
Restricting access to your thesis
- If you want to restrict access to your public version, indicate the number of months the restriction will apply when submitting your thesis online:
- Restrictions up to 24 months do not require approval.
- For restrictions greater than 24 months, it is necessary to obtain approval for a restricted thesis at least 6 months prior to the anticipated date of submission of the thesis.
- For more information see UNSW Sydney Graduate Research School or UNSW Canberra Research Student Unit.
Step 2: Master copy
- The master copy will be archived and will not be publicly accessible. Include a signed copy of the following four mandatory documents in your master copy:
- Thesis/Dissertation Sheet
- Originality statement
- Inclusion of Publications Statement
- Copyright and Authenticity statements
See signed samples of the documents.
For more information see frequently asked questions for thesis digital deposit.
Step 3: Deposit digital copies of your thesis
If you are unable to log in or need further assistance, email the Library digital thesis team and include your zID.