To receive your testamur on the graduation date, follow the 3 steps on this page.
You are required to submit two digital copies of the final and examined version of your PhD or Masters by Research thesis - a public version and a master copy.
Step 1: Master copy
The master copy will be archived and will not be publicly accessible. You must include the following mandatory documents in your master copy:
- Thesis Title and Abstract sheet
- Originality statement, Copyright and Authenticity statements
- Inclusion of Publications Statement
You can access these documents via the Examinations module in GRIS. Click the link under the Congratulations message and go to your Candidate’s Responses record. You can print to PDF or take screenshots of the online forms and insert them behind the title page of your final thesis.
Step 2: Public version
The public version of your thesis will be made available online. Ensure you adhere to the Copyright guidelines and modify the public version to exclude any third party copyright material for which permission has not been given.
Restricting access to your thesis
If you want to restrict access to your public version, indicate the number of months the restriction will apply when submitting your thesis online:
- Restrictions up to 24 months do not require approval.
- For restrictions greater than 24 months, it is necessary to obtain approval for a restricted thesis at least 6 months prior to the anticipated date of submission of the thesis. For more information see UNSW Sydney Graduate Research School
See samples of the documents:
For more information see frequently asked questions for thesis digital deposit.
Step 3: Submit/Deposit digital copies of your thesis
If you are unable to log into or need further assistance, email the Library Scholarly Content team and include your zID.