UNSW Library has subscriptions to online databases that contain streaming films, short videos, instructional videos documentaries and music collections. Streaming content can be accessed and viewed immediately with an active internet connection.
To find streamed video content in the UNSW Library collection:
- Search for your title or keywords in Library collection
- If necessary, refine your results by selecting Refine my results > Resource types > then select the relevant resource type e.g. Streaming videos and then APPLY FILTERS
- Once you have located the item you require, click on the item title and then navigate to the View It section to access the video
- If you encounter any difficulties viewing streaming content on a mobile device, you may need to try a different device or view the video on a computer
- If accessing streaming video or music from off-campus, log in with your zID and zPass
These resources are provided to support research, teaching and learning, and are not for personal or recreational use.
Key video streaming resources include:
Documentaries, news, Australian films, some mainstream movies and educational content
Alexander Street Press
Documentaries, news, interviews, educational and instructional content
Bloomsbury streaming video collection
The collection includes content from filmed performances and fiction films to documentaries and instructional videos, designed and curated for academic studies. It includes an Arts and Humanities collection formerly known as Artfilms.
Includes plays from across the history of the theatre including non-English language works
Sage criminology & criminal justice video collection
Includes videos on all branches of the criminal justice system to support students and researchers at all levels
Key music streaming resources include:
Naxos music library
Contains huge track catalogue, notes whilst listening, and composer and artist biographies. Includes classical, jazz, world, folk and Chinese music and historical recordings.
Alexander Street Press: Music & performing arts
Mouse over Music & Performing Arts tab to see all options. A large collection of video, text and audio. Includes classical music scores, opera, tracks, playlists, performances, composers, instruments, ensembles, venues, time periods, dance, film, jazz, theatre, popular and world music.
For more information on music resources see Music Subject Guide.