Update: Due to the current situation with COVID-19, all Research consultations will be conducted via an online meeting or by telephone.
Your librarian will liaise with you as to the best method for your needs.
UNSW Library research consultations connect researchers to the information and skills needed to support their research. Research consultations provide an extended opportunity for students and staff to have specific research queries answered, locate relevant information tools and develop research strategies tailored to their individual or group needs.
Research consultations are available to UNSW:
- higher degree research students
- postgraduate coursework students
- honours students - including 4th year Engineering, Medicine ILP and Honours, and Law 6 or 12 UOC Research thesis students
- academic staff
- professional staff
Group research consultations are also available to students working on a group assignment or research project and staff undertaking research collaboratively.
You may benefit from a personalised research consultation if you are:
- looking for scholarly information related to your research topic or area of research
- undertaking a systematic review
- unsure whether you have located all relevant resources
- wanting assistance to identify and search the Library's specialist databases
- in need of guidance with search tools and planning your search strategy
- wanting to build your understanding about research identifiers, increasing your visibility and publication management including open access
Appointments in person or online are available during business hours 9.00am - 6.00pm (last available appointment at 5.00pm). Other times are by negotiation. Appointments must be booked at least 3 business days in advance, due to the preparation required.