The Library provides a number of computers for general use as well as specific Library collection computers. Clients are able to use any available computer at any time.
General use computers
These computers are managed by a session management system that allow:
- one hour sessions with a countdown clock
- the ability to extend sessions when demand is low
- the ability to lock the screen during current session
There are display screens on Levels 3 & 4 of the Main Library and on the Ground Level of the Law Library showing a summary of computer availability.
Print copy scan facilities are also available throughout the Libraries.
Designated computers attached to microform readers are available on level 4 in the Main Library. If assistance is required, use the Library Help Point phone.
Library collection computers
These computers are dedicated to searching items in the Library collection. You cannot access online resources from these computers, however you can access the UNSW Library website and UNSW website.
Quick print computers
A Bloomberg accessible terminal is available at the Help Zone on Level 2, Main Library.
- Log in to the terminal with your zID and zPass
- Log in to the Bloomberg software using the login details on the desk next to the terminal
- Once logged in to Bloomberg software press the green Help key
- Select Live Help for chat service
Support is only available directly via Bloomberg (open 24 hours 7 days a week). Phone support Sydney +61 2 97778600 and Melbourne +61 3 9228 8700.
Bloomberg software provides international coverage of global equities, fixed income, derivatives, foreign exchange, debt markets, M&A, metals, soft commodities, energy, economics, news, research, earnings estimates etc.
Use of Library computers
Library computers are available for Library clients for the purpose of accessing course related information and resources.
It is the responsibility of Library clients to:
- comply with University policies and conditions of use: Acceptable Use of UNSW Information and Communication Technology Resources
- observe the Copyright Act 1968 provisions and regulations at all times when accessing and printing library resources both on and off-campus (A section of the Act is displayed near each print station)
- ensure their use of resources complies with the legislation and licence agreements
Students or staff members not from UNSW Library can log into Library computers using the barcode number on your library card. The default password is the password you have set up with Library staff when you collected your UNSW Library card. If you need to change your password, please see Library staff in the Help Zone.
UNSW Wireless network (UniWide) is available throughout the Library to use your own laptop and mobile device.
For assistance with Library computer hardware contact the Help Zone. Outside staffed Help Zone hours, contact IT Service Desk on +61 2 9385 1333 or submit an Ask a question form.
For printers and print queue issues, contact the Print/Copy Services desk at Level 2 Main Library on +61 2 9385 3757
For computer software or login issues, including how to configure printing from the application you are using, please visit the IT Assistance Counter, located on the Ground Level at the back of the Main Library building (UNSW Sydney map reference F21), Kensington campus or phone +61 2 9385 1333.
For assistance with using electronic resources and Library services please visit the Help Zone or submit an Ask a question form.