Library conditions of use policy
UNSW Library facilities and resources are provided to support the educational, research and administrative activities of the University. This policy defines the rights and responsibilities for effective, ethical and lawful Library use by staff, students and visitors. Further details about consumption of food and drink in the Library are outlined in Food in the Library.
Collection development policy
This policy has been created as a planning tool to give direction and focus to the selection and collection practice at UNSW Library. It ensures that the overall collection and access to the collection supports the aims of both the University and the Library. The primary aim of the Library is to collect, organise and provide access to information in all formats needed to meet the learning, teaching and research needs of our clients.
Left property policy
This policy applies to group study rooms, seminar rooms and open seating areas across all three UNSW Library locations; Main Library - Kensington, Law Library - Kensington and UNSW Paddington Library - Paddington.
UNSWorks is the UNSW Open Access institutional repository which enables UNSW researchers and research students to make their research outputs openly and freely available and accessible.
Conditions of use of electronic resources
Access to UNSW Library's electronic resources is governed by licence agreements.
Electronic resources may only be used for non-commercial research and educational purposes.
Conditions for downloading and copying material:
- Downloading an entire issue of a publication is prohibited.
- Only limited copying of copyright material is allowed. The limits are:
- all or part of one article in a journal, more if on the same subject
- 10% or one chapter (whichever is greater) of a book
- Copyright and proprietary notices must not be removed from any printed or downloaded material
- Use of material must be cited appropriately
- Use of software, including scripts, agents or robots to download data/information is prohibited
Failure to meet these conditions may result in the information provider suspending or cancelling access to the resource for the entire UNSW community.
For more information about copyright see Copyright.
Children visiting the Library
Children under 12 years of age must be accompanied by an adult at all times within the UNSW Library buildings. For more information, see UNSW Children on Campus Policy.