UNSW Library has implemented COVID Safe measures to ensure physical distancing within our study spaces. All study spaces are clearly marked to ensure physical distancing, with only individual study allowed. Group study rooms and collaboration spaces are currently unavailable.
To save time finding somewhere to study in the Library, UNSW students can book an individual study space. Booking a study space reserves access to a desk or computer for the duration of your booking.
What spaces are available to book?
The Library offers a variety of study spaces to suit individual student study needs:
- Individual desks
- Individual desks with computers
- Media booths (for individuals only, viewing DVD from Library collection)
- Study booths (for individuals only)
- Postgraduate desks (postgraduate students only)
- Postgraduate desks with computers (postgraduate students only)
When making a booking you can see details for each individual space.
How does it work?
- Find and book a space that suits your study needs (if a space is free you can also book it on the spot using the QR code)
- You can book up to 2 weeks in advance. You will receive a confirmation email
- At the Library, follow the floor signage to find your study space
- If you find someone occupying your booked study space, show them the confirmation email
- During Library staffed hours, if you find any problems with the space or require further assistance please contact us or UNSW Security outside staffed times.
Where are these individual spaces?
To make your individual study space easier to find we have zones on floors that are bookable:
- Main Library Level 3 (Media booths)
- Main Library Level 4
- Main Library Level 7 (Silent study)
- Law Library Level 1
- Paddington Library Level 1
Follow the signage on the floor to easily find your desk.
Terms and conditions of use
- Bookings can be made for up to 4 hours (minimum 30 mins).
- Bookings can be made up to two weeks in advance.
- If you will no longer require your booking, please cancel your booking and allow someone else to book the study space.
- Bookings are forfeited if you do not take possession within 15 minutes of booking start time.
- Once a booking has been made, an email confirmation will be sent to your UNSW account. Please retain this.
- If you find someone at your reserved desk, please show them your confirmation email as proof of booking.
- You can cancel your booking prior to the reserved time via the link in the email.
- Personal belongings left unattended will be removed and taken to lost property.
- UNSW Library may contact you via your UNSW email address to discuss your feedback on the book a study space service.