Eligible UNSW students and staff may register as off-campus borrowers to request library items and Interlibrary loans for delivery to your registered mailing address.
Who is eligible for this service?
To be eligible for this service, UNSW staff and students will need to meet one or more of the following criteria:
- Staff whose work is undertaken totally, or substantially, beyond their campus.
- Students enrolled in programs requiring either no on-campus attendance or limited attendance e.g. orientation or progress review sessions.
- Enrolled in programs which are defined as external, alternative mode, multiple mode or flexible delivery mode.
- Enrolled in programs considered as on-campus courses but have a significant off-campus component or an extensive remote placement (the status of off-campus student applies only during the off-campus period).
- Enrolled as external postgraduate research students.
- Registered with the Disability Support Services.
- UNSW Canberra students and staff are served by UNSW Canberra, Academy Library Home Delivery Service.
UNSW Library aims to assist off-campus students and staff to obtain resources in a timely manner. Due to limited loan periods and often lengthy delays in supplying physical resources, we generally do not borrow books from overseas libraries for off-campus students and staff. Scan and photocopy requests are not affected.
Registering and borrowing
Register for off-campus services by completing the Off-campus registration form.
- You can locate and request UNSW library items by searching the Library collection.
- When submitting a request, ensure you select Personal Delivery - Home Address in the Pickup Location field.
- To advise the Library of a change of mailing address, please submit an Ask a question form.
The Library will cover the cost of postage to your registered mailing address, however it is your responsibility to pay return postage costs.
For information about request, renew, return, recall, rights and borrowing from UNSW Library see Borrowing.
Alternate access options
Off-campus students and staff can:
- access the Library's online resources
- request a copy of items held in the Library collection at UNSW Library (Sydney) and Academy Library (Canberra)
- Log into myLibrary and select Interlibrary Loan Service
- select COPY REQUEST and fill in the item details
- a scanned copy will be emailed to your UNSW email address
- content will be subject to the provisions in the Copyright Act 1968 for the purpose of research and study
- request interlibrary loans for items, including theses, not held in the collections at UNSW Library (Sydney) and Academy Library (Canberra)
- consider joining the University Libraries Australia & New Zealand (ULANZ) borrowing scheme to potentially borrow books from an academic library closer to your location
For further assistance with copy requests or off-campus access, please submit an Ask a question form.