Eligible UNSW students and staff may register as off-campus borrowers to request library items and Interlibrary loans for delivery to your registered mailing address.
UNSW Canberra students and staff are served by UNSW Canberra, Academy Library Home Delivery Service.
Who is eligible for this service?
To be eligible for this service, UNSW staff and students will need to meet one or more of the following criteria:
- staff whose work is normally undertaken totally, or substantially, beyond their campus
- students registered with Equitable Learning Services
- students enrolled in programs:
- normally requiring either no on-campus attendance or limited attendance
- defined as external, alternative mode, multiple mode or flexible delivery mode
- considered as on-campus courses but have a significant off-campus component or an extensive remote placement
- as external postgraduate research students
Registering and borrowing
Due to the current situation with COVID-19, the Library can only process requests that can be supplied from electronic resources. We will not be able to process or request physical items including copies from print journals.
Register by completing the Off-campus registration form. Once registered, you can:
- sign into myLibrary and and select Interlibrary Loan Service in the top main menu section to request items not held in the collections at UNSW Library (Sydney) and Academy Library (Canberra).
For information about borrowing from UNSW Library including request, renew, return, recall and rights, see Borrowing.
Alternate access options
For off-campus access to the Library's online resources, see Access to online resources.
To borrow books from an academic library closer to your location, consider joining the University Libraries Australia & New Zealand (ULANZ) borrowing scheme.
For further assistance or to advise the Library of a change of mailing address, submit an Ask a question form.