Eligible UNSW students and staff may register as off-campus borrowers to request library items and Interlibrary loans for delivery to your registered mailing address.
UNSW Canberra students and staff are served by UNSW Canberra, Academy Library Home Delivery Service.
Who is eligible for this service?
To be eligible for this service, UNSW staff and students will need to meet one or more of the following criteria:
- staff whose work is undertaken totally, or substantially, beyond their campus
- students registered with Equitable Learning Services
- students enrolled in programs:
- requiring either no on-campus attendance or limited attendance
- defined as external, alternative mode, multiple mode or flexible delivery mode
- considered as on-campus courses but have a significant off-campus component or an extensive remote placement
- as external postgraduate research students
Registering and borrowing
Register by completing the Off-campus registration form. Once registered, you can:
- request UNSW Library items by searching the Library collection. When submitting a request, ensure you select 'Personal Delivery - Home Address' in the 'Pickup Location' field.
- complete the interlibrary loans webform if you require a scanned copy from an item held in the collections at UNSW Library (Sydney) and Academy Library (Canberra). Content will be subject to the provisions in the Copyright Act 1968 for the purpose of research and study.
- request interlibrary loans for items not held in the collections at UNSW Library (Sydney) and Academy Library (Canberra).
The Library will cover the cost of postage to your registered mailing address. However, it is your responsibility to pay return postage costs.
UNSW Library aims to assist off-campus students and staff to obtain resources in a timely manner. Requests for items in high demand may be cancelled due to shortened loan periods. Due to limited loan periods and often lengthy delays in supplying physical resources, we generally do not borrow physical items from overseas libraries for off-campus students and staff. Scan and photocopy requests are not affected.
For information about borrowing from UNSW Library including request, renew, return, recall and rights, see Borrowing.
Alternate access options
For off-campus access to the Library's online resources, see Access to online resources.
To borrow books from an academic library closer to your location, consider joining the University Libraries Australia & New Zealand (ULANZ) borrowing scheme.
For further assistance or to advise the Library of a change of mailing address, submit an Ask a question form.