Conditions of use
- Always present your card when borrowing
- The card is not transferable
- You agree to accept responsibility for all items issued on your card and agree to return all items by the due dates
- the due date may change if the item is recalled
- If your card is lost or stolen, notify UNSW Library and the relevant University department (UNSW staff contact Estate Management and UNSW students contact The Nucleus) immediately as you may be held responsible if items are then borrowed with your card
- Return items including recalled items by the correct due dates as you will be blocked from borrowing until overdue items are returned
- please note that if you return overdue items outside of staffed library hours, you may not be able to borrow again until the next working day
- Ensure that items on loan to you are returned to the Library before travelling away from Sydney as items can be recalled at any time
- Pay accrued fines as you will be blocked from borrowing once your Library fines reach $20.00
- Check myLibrary regularly
Lost or stolen cards
Report your lost or stolen card immediately to the Help Zone to prevent illegal use.
The cost of card replacement is $25.00. To obtain a replacement card:
- UNSW staff contact Estate Management
- UNSW students contact The Nucleus
- Non-UNSW clients, see library staff in the Help Zone at the Main Library
Library notifications - email
UNSW Library may send notifications to you via email. These notifications relate to requests, recalled items, overdue items and fines for lost items.
Notifications are sent to your official UNSW email account. Notifications for non-UNSW clients are sent to the email address nominated on your application form.
If you use a SPAM filter, ensure you include firstname.lastname@example.org as a legitimate sender of emails.
All notifications from UNSW Library are a courtesy only and non-receipt of a notification is not considered a valid reason to waive fines. Notifications may fail to reach your email due to factors beyond UNSW Library's control. It is your responsibility for returning or renewing loans on time regardless of receipt of notifications.
To avoid fines and penalties check myLibrary regularly.
|Library notifications type|
|Library - Your borrowed item is due back soon||Courtesy reminder sent when an item on loan to you will soon be due for renewal or return|
|Library - Items due today||Reminder notification sent on day item is due|
|Library - New due date on your borrowed item||An item on loan to you is requested by someone else|
|Library - Lost item fines||An item on loan becomes 30 days overdue, it incurs a lost and replacement fee|
|Library - Your requested item is ready for collection||An item requested by you is awaiting collection from the hold shelf. Items are generally held for 5 days|
|Library - Cancellation of your request||An item you have requested cannot be found or your request has been cancelled|
|Library - Personal delivery notification||As an off-campus borrower, an item you requested is ready to be delivered to your registered address|
|Library - Your borrowed item is overdue||An item you have on loan is 15 days overdue|
|Library - Shortened due date on your borrowed item||The due date of an item on loan to you has been shortened|