We recognise that when you are focused on your work it is convenient not to leave the Library for something to eat. Cold snacks (including fruit and biscuits) may be eaten in most spaces in the Library. Hot food and meals may be eaten in one of the kitchenettes or designated eating spaces provided in Main Library. The Law Library has kitchen facilities located outside of the Library on Level 2 of the Law building. Hot and cold drinks (non-alcoholic) are also permitted but please ensure that they are in a covered container (e.g. use a bottle cap or a cup with a lid).
Food and drink should not be consumed in the following areas:
- Near special art collections
- Near Library equipment such as computers, printers, photocopiers, audio-visual equipment, etc.
- Any other spaces designated as a no food space
As a part of the Library conditions of use policy, please work with us to protect the Library collection and facilities for the comfort of all clients by:
- Keeping the lid on your drink container while moving around the Library
- Cleaning up small spills and alerting Library or Security staff immediately about larger spills so cleaning can be arranged
- Disposing of empty containers in non-paper recycling bins