Research Outputs System (ROS)
ROS is UNSW's system for capturing and reporting research publications and outputs. This has replaced the Research Publications (ResPubs) system and includes all data previously entered into ResPubs.
ROS is designed to help reduce the time and effort spent on managing publication and research outputs across the University and offers a number of functionalities to support researchers at UNSW:
- Streamlined, and in many cases automated, publications data entry
- Impact measurements, including H-indexes, citation counts and Altmetrics
- Easy export options that may assist in the creation of publication lists for CVs, grants and promotion applications
- Collecting and collating data for HERDC and other research assessment exercises
- Uploading accurate publication information to the UNSW Research Gateway.
ROS was launched 19 September 2013. Training is being rolled out across UNSW throughout the rest of 2013. Contact your Faculty Outreach Librarian for details.
Key dates for HERDC submissions 2014
|Data entry and acceptance by heads of schools and centres||NOW - April||Schools & Researchers||Tuesday 22 April|
|Data cleansing and audit sample selected||May||Library||Friday 9 May|
|Sample audit sent to ADRs||May||Library||Monday 12 May|
|Sample audit||May||ADRs||Friday 23 May|
|Publications data cleaned and return prepared||June||Library||Monday 16 June|
|Prepare and combine final HERDC data||June||DVC(R)||Monday 23 June|
|Certification & submission||June||VC/DVC(R)||Friday 27 June|
ROS - Stage 2
Stage 2 of the ROS implementation will integrate ROS with UNSW's institutional repository, UNSWorks. This will enable authors to meet the requirements of the ARC and NHRMC mandates. This has been rescheduled to be available in third quarter of 2014.