UNSW Library research consultations connect researchers to the information and skills needed to support their research. A research consultation is an extended opportunity to have specific research queries answered.
Watch this short video to find out how you could benefit from a research consultation.
You may benefit from a personalised research consultation if you are:
- looking for scholarly information related to your research topic or area of research
- undertaking a systematic review
- unsure whether you have located all relevant resources
- wanting assistance to identify and search the Library's specialist databases
- needing guidance with search tools and planning your search strategy
- looking for open online resources suitable for your teaching
Research consultations are available to:
- higher degree research students
- postgraduate coursework students
- honours students - including 4th year Engineering, Medicine ILP and Honours, and Law 6 or 12 UOC Research thesis students
- academic staff
- professional staff
Group research consultations provide an opportunity for students and staff to locate relevant information tools and develop research strategies in collaboration with their peers supported by professional library staff:
- maximum of five students
- available to honours, higher degree students and staff
- ideal when working on group assignments
Fill in the online form to book an appointment. Appointments are available in person or online during business hours 9am - 6pm (last available appointment at 5pm). Other times are by negotiation. Please book in advance.