UNSW Library research consultations connect researchers to the information and skills needed to support their research. A research consultation is an extended opportunity to have specific research queries answered.
Watch this short video to find out how you could benefit from a research consultation.
Research consultations are available to:
- higher degree research students
- postgraduate coursework students
- honours students - including 4th year Engineering, Medicine ILP and Honours, and Law 6 or 12 UOC Research thesis students
- academic staff
- professional staff
You may benefit from a personalised research consultation if:
- you are looking for scholarly information related to your research topic or area of research
- you are undertaking a systematic review
- you are unsure whether you have located all relevant resources
- you want assistance to identify and search the Library's specialist databases
- you need guidance with search tools and planning your search strategy
- you are looking for open online resources suitable for your teaching
The service provides research consultations for:
- individual students or staff
- groups of up to 5 students
- higher degree and early career researchers
All research consultations provide an opportunity for students and staff to locate relevant information tools and develop research strategies tailored to their individual or group needs, supported by professional library staff.
Off-campus staff and students can apply for a research consultation that can be carried out via screen sharing software if it is not possible for them to come to one of UNSW Sydney's libraries. A computer with internet access and a headset with microphone or telephone is needed.
Fill in the online form to book an appointment. Appointments in person or online, are available during business hours 9.00am - 6.00pm (last available appointment at 5.00pm). Other times are by negotiation. Please book in advance.