Reserve an item
You can reserve an item that is out on loan to another borrower.
- Log in to myLibrary to reserve items out on loan
- To make a reservation, click the Location tab and select Reserve under the Request Options
- Items out on loan display in the catalogue as Out of library
- If the item has already been reserved, you will be placed in a queue
Loan periods change from 4 weeks to 3 days when an item is reserved by more than one person.
If an item you have borrowed has been reserved by another user, you will receive a recall notice. You will be asked to return the item to the Library within 7 days. Check myLibrary* regularly for changes to due dates.
*Notices may fail to reach you due to factors beyond the control of UNSW Library.
Checking for availability
Once you have reserved an item, check Requests regularly in myLibrary to see if the item is available for pickup.
Reserved items must be collected within the 3 day period indicated in myLibrary.
Where to collect reserved items
- Main Library - from the Reservation shelf in the High Use Collection
- Law Library - from the Reservation shelf in the High Use Collection
- COFA Library - ask staff at the Information Desk
Items held at other UNSW campus libraries
Collect an item you have reserved from the UNSW Library that holds it.
Alternatively, request an intercampus loan for items held at another UNSW campus.