The Intercampus Loans Service arranges the transfer of items between campuses: the Main Library, Law Library, College of Fine Arts Library, UNSW Canberra Academy Library and the Water Reference Library.
Intercampus loans are available to all UNSW Library clients and can be made on items that are on the shelf or already out on loan.
Items on the shelf cannot be requested for pick up in the same Library location. Items out on loan can be requested for pick up at any Library location.
UNSW Library may cancel your intercampus request(s) if:
- you have placed a hold on more than one copy of the same item (note: only one copy of the item will be supplied to you)
- you currently have the item on loan and have requested another copy of the same item
- you have lost your borrowing privileges due to overdue items or incurred fines
How do I arrange an intercampus loan?
Step 1: Use Library Search for the item you wish to be delivered.
Step 2: You will need to sign in to myLibrary. Once signed in, click on the Get It tab.
Step 3: Click on Request at the top next to Request Options
Step 4: Select the pick location and then click on Request to confirm your reservation. You will be able to check your request in myLibrary.
You will be notified by email when the item is ready to be picked up.
Step 5: Collect the items:
- Main & Law Library - from the Reservation shelf in the High Use Collection.
- COFA Library - by asking the staff at the Help Zone.
- Water Reference Library - by asking the staff at the Information Desk.
- UNSW Canberra, Academy Library - by asking the staff at the Service Desk.
You will have 3 days to collect the item.