The Intercampus Loans Service arranges the transfer of items between campuses: the Main Library and Law Library, Kensington and the College of Fine Arts Library, Paddington; and the Water Reference Library, Manly Vale.
Intercampus loans are available to all UNSW Library clients and can be made on items that are on the shelf or already out on loan.
Items on the shelf cannot be requested for pick up in the same Library location. Items out on loan can be requested for pick up at any Library location.
UNSW Library may cancel your intercampus request(s) if:
- you have placed a hold on more than one copy of the same item (note: only one copy of the item will be supplied to you)
- you currently have the item on loan and have requested another copy of the same item
- you have lost your borrowing privileges due to overdue items or incurred fines
How do I arrange an intercampus loan?
Step 1: Search the Catalogue for the item you wish to be delivered.
Step 2: In the Locations tab, click on Reserve. You will need to sign in to myLibrary.
Once signed in, select the pickup location from the drop down list provided.
You will be able to check your request in myLibrary.
You will be notified by email (or SMS if you have opted in) when the item is ready to be picked up.
Step 3: Collect the items:
- Main & Law Library - from the Reservation shelf in the High Use Collection.
- COFA Library - by asking the staff at the Information Desk.
- Water Reference Library - by asking the staff at the Information Desk.
You will have 4 days to collect the item.