The Document Services Unit supplies physical resources from the UNSW Library collections. If not available from the collection, the Unit will request from other suppliers.
Who is eligible for this service?
To be eligible for this service, UNSW staff and students will need to meet one or more of the following criteria:
- staff whose work is undertaken totally, or substantially, beyond their campus
- students enrolled in programs requiring either no on-campus attendance or limited attendance e.g. orientation or progress review sessions
- enrolled in programs which are defined as external, alternative mode, multiple mode or flexible delivery mode
- enrolled in programs considered as on-campus courses but have a significant off-campus component or an extensive remote placement (the status of off-campus student applies only during the off-campus period)
- enrolled as external postgraduate research students
- registered with the Student Equity and Disabilities Unit
We aim to assist off-campus students and staff to obtain resources in a timely manner. Due to limited loan periods and often lengthy delays in supplying physical resources, we generally do not borrow books from overseas libraries for off-campus students and staff. For similar reasons, for off-campus students based overseas, generally only UNSW Library books will be provided. Copy requests are not affected.
ADFA students and staff are served by ADFA Library
Register for the Off-campus Services by emailing email@example.com with the information below.
UNSW email address
Note: All information is mandatory. Your application will not be processed unless all iinformation is provided.
Once registered, you can request items by using the Additional Services tab located on the relevant library record. Locate library items
Alternate access options
Off-campus students and staff can:
- access the Library's online resources
- join the University Library Australia (ULA) borrowing scheme to borrow books from more conveniently located academic libraries