The following computer system requirements are recommended for accessing UNSW Library's electronic resources.
- Internet Explorer 7, 8 and 9 for Windows
- Firefox 12 for Windows
- Chrome 19
- Safari 5 for Mac OS
- Cookies must be enabled
- Cache must be cleared
- Pop-up windows must be enabled
- Foreign language characters must be enabled
- Bookmarks should not be used because URL's are constantly being changed by suppliers and many are subject to redirects, session ids and authentication details
Security software / firewall restrictions
Access to UNSW Library's electronic resources may be prevented by:
- internet security software on personal computers (e.g. Norton Internet Security, Norton Firewall, McAfee, Vet and Net Nanny). Turn off the software temporarily and check if this restores access
- firewall restrictions at a non-campus location (e.g. your workplace). Error messages indicating possible firewall restrictions include:
- Access Denied
- The requested item could not be loaded by the proxy
Consult your local computer support or ISP to enable firewall ports 1701 and 9003.
Usernames and passwords
- log in to UNSW Library Login screens with your current activated UNSW staff/student number and zPass. Contact IT at UNSW if you do not have your login details
- off-campus users will be prompted with an additional login screen that requires their UNSW staff/student number and zPass. Once you have authenticated, we recommend that you sign in to MyLibrary for full access.
- you may need additional resource specific usernames and passwords to access some resources. These details are provided in a pop-up window called UNSW Library Electronic Resource Access. This window will pop-up when you try to access the resource
- some user groups are not eligible for University-wide authentication and are therefore currently unable to access systems requiring a UNSW staff/student number and zPass